Bands on Radio, Television, Films, Video + Podcasts etc.
- See also The Brass Band Events Diary for current details of radio and television programmes
- See also The Brass Band Bibliography for some older information of radio and television programmes
Radio & Podcasts
- All Brass Bands - an Internet Radio Station for brass bands
- Bald As Brass - Sundays 12pm - 1pm, a weekly radio show on Felixstowe Radio featuring Brass Bands and Military Musicians. Available on the internet (www.felixstoweradio.org.uk) or live in the Felixstowe/Harwich area on 107.5FM. The show also features local bands recorded live in concert.
- Bandstand - [Listen Live!] - Click here for the latest playlist. Bishop FM (S W Durham) - 6-7pm. An eclectic mix of brass and military band music, plus news and views from the banding world with Val and Michael Fryer. Band information and music to Michael Fryer, telephone 07917 694 588, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 155a Newgate Street, bishop Auckland DL14 7EN
- Bandstand Brass - podcast of various band's tracks from CDs
- Bob's Brass Bands - on Village FM - Baillieston area
- Brass Band Podcast - A 20 minute podcast of Brass Band music produced usually once a week for your entertainment and to keep you informed of events in the world of brass Band music. Click here for details of upcoming podcasts
- Brass Band Radio @ hellifield.net
- Brass Encounters - [Listen Live! + for the following week] - 2NUR fm, 103.7, Newcastle, Australia. Wednesdays, 5.30pm local time
- Brass In The Bay - Radio St Austell Bay 105.6 FM - presented by Kevin Ackford every Monday at 9pm, repeated on Sundays at approx. 11am.
- Brasstime - Saturdays 11am - 12pm local time, a weekly radio show on Radio Noordoost Friesland, also Thursdays 6pm - 7pm.
- GMR Brass - [Listen Live!] - GMR Radio, 95.1 FM and 104.5 FM, Sundays: 6am-7am and 6pm-7pm. A weekly programme of brass band recordings, chat and news.
- Internet Band Show - Brass and Wind Band streaming with Frank Renton and guests. Includes a music store.
- Listen To The Band - BBC Radio 2, regular broadcast of live and recorded brass band music. Thursdays, 10.30pm - 11pm. (Wednesdays 9.30pm - 10pm from 4 April 2011). Listen to the latest show live or up to a week afterwards via the web.
- Music Sojourn - Brass Band Spectrum - (Internet Broadcast CDs)
- Platzkonzert - Swiss Radio DRS1, weekly brass band programme
- Prevailing Winds - presented by Bob Madeson, on KDLG Public Radio in Dillingham, Alaska. 2.00pm, Sundays, Alaska Standard time and is streamed on www.kdlg.org. He provides a monthly newsletter and playlist and regularly features brass bands.
- Reachonair Brass Band show -presented by David Cox - look in the schedule for "Brass Band"
- Sounds of Brass - [Listen Live!] - Click here for the latest playlist. Broadcast Sundays: BBC Radio Bristol (94.9FM), Gloucestershire (104.7), Somerset Sound (1566AM), Swindon (103.6), and Wiltshire (104.3), 12 Midnight to 1am. BBC Radio Devon (103.4), Cornwall (95.2), Jersey (88.8FM), Guernsey (93.2), 7.05pm-8pm. Requests and comments welcome via email - email@example.com, telephone: 01752 843919.
- Sunday Bandstand - [Listen Live!]. Presented by Chris Helme. Phoenix Radio, 96.7FM, 2pm-3pm. [Calderdale area] Comments welcome via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time for Brass - [Listen Live!] - Manx Radio, Mondays: 9pm-10pm. Also available via the Audio Vault for the following week
- World of Bands - - [Listen Live!] - 3SER fm, 97.7, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. (Click here for the latest playlist). Wednesdays, 9am - 12pm, and over night 0007 - 0530 Eastern Australian Daylight time (GMT 2200 Tuesday - 0100 Wednesday and 1307 - 1830 Wednesday)
- World of Brass Radio
- Yorkshire Brass - [Listen Live!]- a weekly two hour programme available online every Monday. Live broadcast available weekly on Sunday afternoon from 1pm BBC Radio Leeds 92.4FM, 103.9FM, DAB digital and 774AM or BBC Radio York 95.3FM, 103.7FM or 104.3 FM
TV, Film, Video
- Brass Band Tube - brass band videos on the web
- Brass Players in Film Music
- Brassed Off - film - 1996
- In The Red - A Brass Band Musical
- Paddington Station - film - 1999
- Paul Rayner Photography - Hail Smiling Morn; Pennine Brass with Jim Shepherd; Nick Hudson and other DVD titles - 210 Lockwood Road, Huddersfield, HD1 3QR - Tel: 01484-451115
- Sounding Brass: HG and the Ettaswell Band - TV series - 1980
- The Celebrated Cyfarthfa Band (From Composition to Performance) 1998 Open University/BBC TV documentary - Including The Wallace Collection performing music from the Cyfarthfa archives on original instruments
- The Music Machine - takes a look at the Brass Band and its music. Radio 3 series broadcast in May 1998, featuring the National Youth Brass Band
- The Other Virtuosos: Victorian Brass Bands - BBC TV documentary (A102/27) - A look at the origins and development of brass bands
- Whit Friday Band Contests - a 52 minute documentary produced by Dancing Cat Films