This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
There has been a village band in Warsash since 1918. Although that original band only played together for about five years there has been a more or less continuous history of music making in Warsash village since that early beginning.
The present band can trace its history back to the early 1980s when it was founded by three local families, the Smiths, Gorhams and Webbers, to give their children an opportunity to make music together.
Church Originally this was a brass band, as reflected in it's original title, the Warsash Brass Band. However, things have changed a bit since that time. The original children have grown up and moved on. New recruits joined and brought with them woodwind instruments, reflected in the new name of "The Warsash Band."
The band's instrumentation is now like that of a British Military Band and consists of trumpets, horns, trombones, euphoniums and tubas in the brass section and saxophones, clarinets, flutes and oboe in the woodwind section. A drummer completes the ensemble. The repertoire is also like that of a Military Band.