Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Rode Hall Silver Band

Rode Hall Silver Band was formed in 1837 as a fife and drum band, changing to its current brass band format in 1886. It is believed that the Band was originally formed to lead the local people to services at Astbury Church before Rode Church was built.

Band activity was suspended for the duration of the Second World War. In 1946 a meeting was held at the Bleeding Wolf pub between Messrs. Tim Williamson, Bill Roberts and Albert Pierpoint when it was decided to try to reform the band. All the pre War players were contacted and invited to meet at the British Legion room in Scholar Green, where the Band has practiced ever since.