Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Potters Bar Town Band

The Potters Bar Town Band is based in South Hertfordshire, (better known as Junction 24 of the M25) and has been entertaining the local community for many years. We were in existence during the second half of the 19th Century but disbanded in 1895.

In 1948, a meeting was called to re-form the band. About twelve people attended and the current band was formed.

The instruments had been stored at the Bakehouse of Horace Tilbury, which stood at the junction of the High Street and Mutton Lane, (this is now the site of the Canada Life Building) they were cleaned and found to be playable. The Bass Drum is still used by the band on marches today.