Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Oughterside & District Brass Band

Formed in 1903 by local miners Oughterside & District band began. The first instruments were bought by the men having money deducted from their wages.

The band used to practice in Mr Woods building in Oughterside. In February 1956 they moved into Prospect village hall. The village hall was destroyed by fire in 1962. They then moved to Oughterside School. Finaly they bought the old mission hall from Plumbland which is now the present band room. The band room is in a bad state of disrepair and a new one is needed badly. If you can help please get in touch