This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
Latchford Warrington Silver Band
The earliest known performance of the band was on the 10th of July 1860, when the band led the procession to the then new Latchford Baptist church in Ackers Lane, prior to the construction of the Manchester Ship canal.
This makes the band one of the oldest traditional brass bands in Warrington, if not the UK. Despite the age of the band, its title has survived intact and without major change.
Latchford Subscription Band was formed in the 1850s, later known as Latchford Subscription Prize Band and Latchford Prize Band.
Warrington Silver Band was formed originally as the Kent Street Mission Band, and when the Mission was demolished in 1960, the band moved and took on the name Warrington Silver Band.
Latchford Warrington Silver Band was formed by the merger of Latchford Prize Band and Warrington Silver Band in 1980
(Warrington Junior Silver Band was formed in 1965, renamed Warrington Youth Band in 1967 and became Warrington Brass Band in 1999).