This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
East London Brass
The band was originally formed in 1909, and it has had many name changes since then, including Walthamstow Temperance Band, then the Walthamstow Borough Band in 1933, and the Home Guard Band during the Second World War.
In the 1970's it formed its links with the Co-operative movement becoming the L.C.S. Forest Band and with the changes within the Co-op during 1981, it became the Waltham Forest Co-op Band.
Since 1994, the band has been based in Clapton, Hackney, where it has formed community links, setting up a beginners band, in which children are taught to play brass and percussion instruments.
In March 2001 the name of the band was once again changed, this time to East London Brass to emphasise community links.
The Band personnel come from all age groups and professions, who get together to make music. The band regularly performs in parks and concerts around London. The band also competes in contests run by SCABA and the London and Home Counties.