This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
Burbage Silver Band
The Burbage Band was first founded in 1907 by Edmond Evans and rehearsed at the Anchor Inn. By 1912, it became a full military group with approx 25 players, but then disbanded in the same year. Fortunately it was to reform in 1914 when it joined with another band in the village.
The next major change was for it to dispense with wind instruments in 1927, after which it was known as Burbage Silver Band. The new band entered its first contest at Crystal Palace in July 1929 and went on to participate in many contests until its success in the 1967 Daily Herald finals, after which it turned its attention to concerts. Following a merger with Nuneaton Borough Band in 1989, the band returned to contesting. Since 1999, the band has once again concentrated on concerts and providing entertainment in the Burbage and Nuneaton area through to present day.
In February 2007, the band decided on a three year plan to rebuild to a full contesting band once again.
The band started competing in local contests in 2008