This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
Bedworth Brass Band
In the late 1960's the Reverend Stephen Ensor, then Rector of Bedworth Parish Church, obtained funds from the Nicholas Chamberlaine Trust to form the Bedworth Parish Church Silver Band.
The town band, Bedworth Silver Prize Band, formed originally as the Wesleyan Reform Church Band in 1927, was already contesting at a high level and had reached the top section in the Brass Band Association. However, the town band went into decline and in 1985 the remaining members joined the Parish Church Band to form the Bedworth Town and Church Silver Band. This band began contesting in 1989 in the 4th Section and in the following year they were promoted to Section 3.
In 1992, the band became independent of the Parish Church to form Bedworth Brass and moved their rehearsals to the Woodlands WMC. After contesting in the 3rd Section, where they won many contests, they were promoted in 1996 to the Second Section. In May 1998 the band became the Midland Area 2nd Section Champions and competed in Harrogate in the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain, achieving 6th place. In 2000, they again qualified for and played in the National Finals, at the Royal Albert Hall in London, once again achieving 6th place.
The band were promoted to the 1st Section of Brass Band competitions in 2001